Gary Young – Director
Gary Young has held an executive position capitalizing on over 47 years’ experience in banking with proficiency in commercial lending, administration and public relations. He has been the President and a Branch Manager over five branch in the Temple area.
SUMMARY OF SKILLS:
Banking professional with proven background in general management of the bank, both internally and externally. Leader in assessing problems, finding viable solutions and making effective decisions. Develop new banking business, administer credit analysis and loan functions, and chair committees such as executive loan, personnel, asset/liability and cash management. Extensive contact with customers, the public and community utilizing persistence, technical expertise and interpersonal skills to establish and build relationships with diverse business customers. Analyze, evaluate and lead entry into new markets enabling the company to increase revenue and generate significant profits.
ACHIEVEMENTS AND ACTIVITIES:
- Board of Directors – Armed Services YMCA Killeen, Texas
- Board of Directors – United Way of the Greater Fort Hood Area, Killeen, Texas
- Board of Directors / Treasury – Association of the U.S. Army, Central Texas-Fort Hood Chapter ( AUSA)
- Government Affairs Committee, Temple, Texas, Killeen, and DeSoto, Texas Chamber of Commerce
- Board of Directors – Rockwall and Wylie, Texas
- Board of Directors – YMCA, Rockwall, Texas
- Chairman of Military Affairs- Temple Chamber of Commerce.
- Texas State Department of Banking- State Bank Examiner
- University of Texas at El Paso, B.B. A., Management and Finance
- Southwestern Graduate School of Bank (SWGSB) Southern Methodist University, Dallas, Texas
- National Commercial Lending School, University of Oklahoma, Norman Oklahoma
- Federal Reserve School for Examiners, Washington, D. C.
Gary grew up in West Texas and has been involved with water management for over 50 years.